DTCI Front End Software Engineer Intern – Fall 2019
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 675872BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 03/06/2019
We are looking for someone who…
- Is passionate about software engineering and related technologies
- Demonstrates determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Has the curiosity to research and learn new technologies in all parts of the stack
- Employs positive thinking and is able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Values learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Loves sports and wants to build the best experiences on the web
If this sounds like you, Customer Solutions Engineering wants your help! We bring in world-class talent to apply the latest technology to game-changing ideas. Come be a part of our team and help us find new ways to interact with sports fans, however and wherever they connect with sports.
- Build and maintain new features with the front-end engineering team across Disney, ABC, and ESPN products.
- Help test and validate product functionality, and contribute to DTCI’s test automation suite
- Work with senior engineers to implement features following established best practices
- Partner with other engineering teams to deliver optimal solutions
- Real world exposure to front-end web development
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, learn quickly and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.