DTCI Product Design Intern Bristol, CT- Fall 2019
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 674468BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 30/05/2019
Job Summary:As an intern with Walt Disney Company Direct-to-Consumer and International: Design (DTCI), you will collaborate with the team to design interfaces and experiences for our digital products through a combination of user interface design, interactive motion graphics, prototypes and motion studies. In this cross-platform position you will contribute to our industry-leading apps for mobile, OTT, web, emerging platforms and R&D projects. Our ideal candidate is highly creative, energetic and deeply knowledgeable about the latest design trends and technologies.
BRANDS SUPPORTED BY DTCI
ABC, ABC News, DisneyNOW, ESPN, Disney.com, Oscar.com, StarWars.com
Responsibilities:In this position, you will work closely with design, product, engineering and PMO teams and would be responsible for rapid visual concepts and high-fidelity design – while staying true to the world-class quality of each brand. Work must be pixel perfect when delivering comps and guides to the development team.
- Qualified candidates must have experience designing for digital platforms (school projects and previous internship work).
- Strong understanding of user-centered design principles and UI best practices across multiple platforms (web, iOS, Android, etc.).
- Experience with responsive design and mobile applications.
- Advanced skills when designing in Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Self-motivated, problem solver with ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interest in and aptitude for learning new technologies and design skills.
- Strong work ethic, reliability, adaptability, works well with others. A team player.
- All applicants are required to supply an online portfolio.
- Experience with over the top UI (Roku, Xbox, Apple TV).
- Experience within an Agile delivery team to iteratively plan and develop products.
- Familiarity with the Disney digital brands and content.
- Keynote and/or Powerpoint skills.
- Zeplin for style guides.
- Experience with rapid prototyping applications.
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.