DTCI Software Engineer Intern, Bristol, CT-Fall 2019
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 674907BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 30/05/2019
Job Summary:DTCI Connected Devices develops and maintains a suite of applications for set top boxes, smart TVs, game consoles as well as mobile phones and tablets that deliver a variety of content to consumers including live streaming video, highlights, scores, news and social media.
This intern will participate in the research and prototyping of new technologies and concepts that are of interest to the Connected Devices team. This work will feature the close supervision and guidance of senior engineers along with ample opportunity to complete the work independently. The exact topic(s) will be decided at the start of the term with the intern’s skills and interests taken into consideration to find the best fit.
- Work with the Connected Devices technology team to plan, build and test applications for consumer devices
- Investigate new technologies at the direction of staff engineers and report findings
- Participate in application testing alongside dedicated quality assurance personnel.
- Work closely with Project Management to plan and track work in an Agile fashion
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, learn quickly and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work with a wide spectrum of consumer facing technologies
- Passion for consumer software development .
- Must enjoy technical troubleshooting and exploration
- Experience, including course work or self driven exploration, of iOS, Android, HTML5.
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.