Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ESPN Business Development & Innovation Internship – Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 738289BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 10, 2020
The ESPN Business Development & Innovation team is responsible for identifying, developing, and executing new business opportunities that further enhance ESPN’s content and product offerings. The team continually evaluates prospective partners in traditional and digital media and assists in managing third-party relationships.
A Day in the Life:
This 10-week program applies ingenuity, creativity, and analytical skills in identifying and evaluating new business opportunities across a wide variety of departments at ESPN (e.g. corporate strategy, consumer products, ad sales, product, production, and programming). Responsibilities include:
- Assist the BDI team to prepare for upcoming meetings and presentations on a daily basis
- Assist with the identification of new business opportunities, both internally and externally
- Coordinate introductory meetings, agendas, and recaps with external companies
- Closely track market trends and share newsworthy headlines to the team
- Coordinate weekly update notes that track progress of various business development workstreams
What You Bring to the Role:
- Detail oriented and collaborative, with outstanding interpersonal skills both verbal and written
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- General understanding of the current trends in the business industry and competitive landscape
- Strong written and verbal skills with a proficiency in Microsoft Office, with specific strength in creating excellent PowerPoint presentations
- Experience with media and technology-oriented business models and industry leaders
- An avid consumer of media across non-traditional platforms (Twitch, YouTube, Reddit, OTT, etc.)
- Proven financial/business analytical skills
- Familiar with the Disney and ESPN Media Networks portfolio
- Understanding of emerging areas of sports business (eg. esports, sports betting)
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter highlighting why you’re a strong candidate for this internship.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are June 8 – August 14, 2020. Interns will work 40 hours per week and need to provide full availability throughout the internship.
Housing: This internship may be located in Bristol, CT or NYC. A limited amount of housing assistance in Bristol is available for those who qualify. Interns in NYC must provide their own housing.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.