Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ESPN Creative Development Social Writer Internship – Fall 2021Apply NowApply Later Job ID 831716BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jul. 21, 2021
ESPN Creative Studio is seeking an intern who will function across ESPN Creative Studio (ESPN’s Creative Agency), Disney Ad Sales, and the ESPN Social/Digital Video production teams to develop engaging branded & integrated content that will thrive on all ESPN platforms and talent handles. This person must bring extensive knowledge of sports, social trends, and pop culture.
- Write. Everything from thought-starters to scripts to social post copy to case studies to TikTok challenges. And more.
- Be the catalyst driving creative solutions for branded and integrated content campaigns by collaborating across ESPN Creative Studio to support revenue-driving projects.
- Conceive, develop, and execute social marketing campaigns and partnerships with on-air talent, as part of ESPN’s growing talent influencer strategy.
- Attend and participate in all necessary social editorial and ESPN Creative Studio meetings, including campaign brainstorms and kickoffs with external creative partners.
- Participate in the RFP process by brainstorming and providing insights for creative collaborators.
- Educate others on social best practices.
- Maintain a deep understanding of all social platforms and stay up to date on the latest social media tools and trends, including an understanding of how other companies are leveraging social for brand extensions
- Output subject to oversight by supervisors and peers to ensure audience interest, accuracy, and adherence to established editorial procedures and legal requirements.
- Fundamental content creation skills in writing, photo editing, and/or video editing
- Sound editorial judgment, writing, and editing skills
- Exceptional knowledge of the sports landscape and appreciation for and understanding of Internet pop culture
- Demonstrated communication and organization skills
- Ability to react quickly and positively under pressure
- Enthusiasm for growing social media revenue with innovation and customization
- Majoring in writing, journalism, communications, marketing, or similar degree, ideally with specialization in social media or a closely related field
- Proficiency using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere, Avid, After Effects) and photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- Examples of social media creative work produced (professional or personal)
- Enrolled as a junior, senior, or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship or graduated within the past 18 months
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR graduated within the past 18 months OR currently participating in a Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The approximate dates are September 13 – November 19, 2021. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship.
Work Environment: This position is remote and can be located throughout the United States utilizing a dedicated home office that includes reliable internet and phone service.
Sports take place on nights, weekends, and holidays, and those shifts will often be required.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.