Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ESPN Films Production Internship - ESPN - Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 525017BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Media Networks Brand ESPN Date posted 02/08/2018
ESPN Films has been an industry leader in documentary filmmaking since its inception in March 2008, producing more than 100 documentaries that have showcased some of the most compelling stories in sports. The high quality of storytelling, highlighted by the Oscar, Peabody and Emmy award winning 30 for 30 series and the documentary event “O.J.: Made in America,” has led to record viewership as well as multiple honors and honors. Additional projects from ESPN Films over the years have included 30 for 30 Shorts, Nine for IX and the SEC Storied series.
A Day in the Life:
This role will be part of the ESPN Films team in Bristol and will work with the production team for 30 for 30. This individual will assist all aspects of production, including archive research, logging tape, and managing many types of media.
Responsibilities may include:
- Search the ESPN video library database
- Research for various projects/documentaries
- Log tape / transcribe interviews
- Digitize tape and other media
- Managing and facilitating delivery of various types of footage and files for filmmakers
What You Bring to the Role:
- Strong knowledge of sports
- Strong research and problem-solving skills
- Interest in documentary or long-format storytelling
- Experience in managing media files
- Self-starter attitude and determined work ethic
- Knowledge in editing programs Avid, Final Cut and/or Premiere
- Knowledge of video formats, frame rates, resolutions, etc.
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Housing: This internship is located in Bristol, CT. A limited amount of housing assistance is available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
ESPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.