Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ESPN Graduate Finance Internship - Summer 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 725585BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 13, 2020
ESPN Finance supports ESPN's operational teams by providing accurate and timely financial analysis of the company's present and future business opportunities through the development of annual operating plans, forecasts, and five-year strategic plans. ESPN Finance also supports The Walt Disney Company via financial analysis and information required by internal (TWDC management) and external (TWDC shareholders) clients.
A Day in the Life…
The Intern will work on projects in the various areas of Finance. These projects will likely involve evaluating new or existing business opportunities, researching industry/external trends and evaluating their potential impact on ESPN, and other assignments as determined by business need.
What You Bring to the Role:
- A solid financial skill set gained through course work and relevant work experience
- Intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and a willingness to embrace and adapt to an ever-changing environment and work situation
- Detail-oriented with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously
- Must have exceptional Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills and be proficient in Word
- 2 to 4 years of general work experience with at least 1 to 2 years of applicable experience
- Familiarity with the sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies in digital media
- Experience with data analytics/business intelligence tools
- Visual dashboarding
- Bachelor's Degree earned and enrolled in a graduate studies program in the semester prior to the internship in Business Administration or Sports Administration with an accounting, finance or strategy concentration
- Must be enrolled in a college/university graduate program taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is ten weeks, and the approximate dates are June 8 – August 14, 2020. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of housing assistance may be available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.