Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ESPN Music Internship - Summer 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 917024BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 12, 2022
The ESPN Music team provides business driven creative solutions for ESPN Content across all media platforms. Our mission is to provide a creative vision to leverage music to engage fans and develop strategies to deliver the best music for our content.
Responsibilities:This internship position helps support the creative and administrative needs of the Music team for content across ESPN. Interns support the music staff with dubbing, editing, audio file management and music searches for daily and seasonal content. In addition, an intern will help the team on the filing/scanning of licensing, review and tracking of music reporting for our ongoing compliance goals.
- First and foremost, creativity
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A passion for music, sports and culture
- Understanding of the music rights/licensing
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Previous internship or comparable experience in related field
- Ability to operate audio/video equipment and recording equipment
- Experience using Adobe Audition audio editing software or similar DAW
- Demonstrated high organizational and communication skills and abilities required
- Highly proficient in MS Word and MS Excel and knowledge of other Office365 tools
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship or graduated within the past 6 months.
Additional Information:Required Materials:
Please submit a cover letter highlighting your interest in any specific music licensing/supervision, why you’re a strong candidate for this internship and include a link to examples of music/audio edits.
- Must be enrolled in an school/college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR graduated within the past 6 months
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Work Environment: This position may be in person or remote. If in person, a limited amount of housing assistance will be provided for those who qualify.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.