Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
ESPN Next Production Internship (LA) - Summer 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 917110BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 14, 2022
Throughout the duration of the internship, the intern will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience producing different forms of content for multiple ESPN platforms, while also learning about different areas of the business through observations. This internship gives the intern an opportunity to experience many aspects of the Production Assistant role within ESPN Next.
- Support content creation for various properties; including SportsCenter, NBA and other studio shows.
- Daily responsibilities will vary based on sports season; ranging from running teleprompter, screening and logging games/events, producing highlights, researching video content for various shows, and live event support.
- Edit video elements and research video content for various studio shows/networks.
- Log and archive video and associated data for future use
- Experience in sports media, preferably in content creation.
- Knowledge of sports, including current athletes and teams.
- Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing software.
- High level of familiarity with ESPN programming, platforms and studio shows
- Ability to research and pitch story ideas
- Knowledge of sports and relevant storylines
- Passion for creative storytelling
- Experience with editing, screening, logging and/or archiving video
- Strong skillset including interpersonal communication, problem solving and decision making, and strategic thinking.
- Familiarity with sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated within the last 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Work Environment: This is an onsite internship based in LA. This is subject to change.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.