Executive Director, Program Management – Data Platforms
Seattle, WA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 699602BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 10/09/2019
Technology Operations is responsible to drive roadmaps and requirements for the applications supporting their business, manage work intake, prioritize investments and resources, drive operational efficiency, deliver global program and project management, monitor and communicate key performance indicators, and manage platform technology critical to our own day-to-day operations.
The candidate will direct program and project management needs for the Data Platforms team.
Responsibilities:Data Platforms team is charged with the creation, development, and management of the unified set of architectures, services, and data platforms which serve as the source of record for a trusted, highly secure and comprehensive digital view of TWDC media consumers. These platforms will infuse intelligence into our products and aid decision making as we increasingly build more direct and personalized relationships with our customers.
Project and Program managers supporting Data Platforms organization projects will report into this position. The candidate should ensure each program and initiative within Data Platforms is well planned, managed and tracked.The candidate will ensure all program updates are shared promptly to stakeholders, anticipating potential risks and issues to proactively mitigate and/or propose alternative paths forward.
The candidate works with Data Platforms leadership team to prepare the annual capital budget and plan, provides comprehensive analysis and reporting on all capital projects, reports financial information to the leadership team regularly and escalate any deviations. The capital budget for the Data Platforms group ranges from 50-75 million.
- Provide program and project management services for DTCI Technology Organization and ensure project management leaders are effectively leading projects to achieve the desired outcome
- Collaborate with Program Management Office and Performance Operations teams to influence the implementation of best practice methods, processes, and tools
- Oversee the creation of quality project information, including project budgets, actuals, forecasts, status reporting, and issue/risk reporting
- Recommend improvements and/or process changes and rolling out agreed changes and ensuring overall compliance.
- Ensure the project management team uses best practices and lessons learnt from previous projects/programs.
- Work with technical leads and other cross-functional teams to prioritize projects/programs and escalate risks and constraints to the technology leadership team promptly.
- Oversee the health of the projects and programs; ensure transparency of project progress and issues/risks.
- Provide guidance to project/program management leaders to improve project execution and remove barriers to successful implementation
- Develop effective working relationships with vendors, partners and clients to create an effective and efficient delivery process to achieve project results
- Work with the Data Platforms leadership team to accurately forecast resource needs and adequately accounting for expenses to meet requirements and fulfill fiscal responsibility
- Manage a performance enhancement culture by actively coaching and mentoring direct reports, providing regular feedback and developing employees for broader roles and responsibilities to foster professional growth and personal development
- 10+ years of experience managing formal projects and/or functional organizations.
- 5+ years Program & Project management experience with very strong facilitation, communication planning and problem-solving skills.
- 8+ years total of formal management experience at the Manager level or above.
- SAFe Certification or a demonstrated understanding of operating large scale agile programs
- CSM / CSP Certification preferred with thorough understanding of Scrum Agile Methodologies
- Strong interpersonal and developed presentation skills with ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization (e.g. balancing understanding details with senior executive level communication)
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.