Fantasy Games Administrator (12 Month Project Hire)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 667474BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted May. 15, 2019
Job Summary:**This is a 12 Month Project Position**
As a Game Administrator on the ESPN Fantasy product team, you will program and operate a variety of sports prediction games playable on ESPN.com ESPN App and the ESPN Fantasy App, covering a variety of sports and major events to maximize engagement with sports fans on ESPN platforms. You will play a lead role in identifying, registering, and fulfilling prize structures associated with the games. You will partner with Marketing, Programming, and Content to maximize participation of contests, and with Customer Care to produce FAQs and support documentation for games. You will work with the Product, Programming, Content, and Marketing teams to deliver a strategic schedule of contests aligned to fan interests and ESPN/ABC/Disney programming.
- Prediction game operations
- Researches, creates, and scores questions for all prediction-based games
- Develops and maintains schedules of games aligned to sports calendar and strategic priorities
- Coordinates directly with Content, Marketing, and Programming teams to promote contests across a variety of platforms
- Engages fans via game push notifications, social media, and community chat
- Consistently monitors fan feedback help inform game and product enhancements
- Reports on success of managed games and contests to management
- Regularly monitors trends in casual and sports-related games and applications
- Conceives and develops prizing structures for games in coordination with management and manages to budget
- Works with Legal to draft official game rules
- Fulfills prizing to winners
- Game content and FAQs
- Writes fan-facing “how to play” content for games
- Produces FAQ content in concert with Customer Care team
- 2+ years of experience working in digital media, preferably around sports and content.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Must have the ability to manage multiple inputs at once.
- Exemplary communication skills
- Deep knowledge of sports
- High school diploma
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.