Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 10038966 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 11, 2023
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Ad Sales Billing Team is seeking a Financial Accounting Analyst who will be an exceptional addition to our Ad Sales COE Team. As a Financial Accounting Analyst, you will be responsible for entry preparation, accounting, and reconciliation of ad sales and revenue. You will work closely with contacts in Sales, Controllers, and Finance to support a robust and growing Ad Sales team. The right person for this role is self-starter, detail oriented, proactive, a great communicator and a team player.
- Work closely with other team members on the monthly billing and financial close for Disney Advertising Sales (including Hulu, ESPN, ABC, Disney+, etc.).
- Primary responsibilities will include: journal entries, account reconciliations, running ad hoc ad sales related reporting, support digital ad sales billing where needed.
- Build relationships across multiple teams.
- Partner with Collections, Credit, Cash Application, Finance, Sales Planning and Ad Operations to provide strong customer service to Sales and the Customer.
- Collaborate with Collections, Sales Planning and Ad Operations teams to troubleshoot complex discrepant campaign planning and trafficking while adjusting invoices requiring revisions timely and accurately.
- Assist with developing efficiencies and standardization of processes and testing new system enhancements.
- Provide support and guidance to other staff members on daily tasks.
- Understanding the revenue recognition implications for ad sales billing and order delivery on financial reporting.
- Understand and execute standard operating procedures (SOP)
- Assist management with ad hoc projects and requests as needed.
- 0-2 years' work experience in Accounting or Finance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel and Outlook
- Proactive with the ability to multi-task and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Work extended hours during critical periods as needed.
- Ability to prioritize workload and escalate conflicting priorities.
- A positive, team-oriented attitude to fit our culture.
- Prior Industry experience as part of an accounting organization.
- Experience with SAP, Journal Entries, and Account Reconciliations.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.