iOS Engineer Intern-Summer 2020, Bristol, CT
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 707671BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 13/01/2020
Job Summary:Disney’s Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) group has the skills, drive, and passion to innovate, create, and succeed in enabling a Direct to Consumer Strategy for ESPN, Disney and ABC products. We are here to lead in the application of data and analytics across The Walt Disney Company, focused on Content Personalization/Recommendation, Deep User Understanding, Audience Segmentation, and Analytics. We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer who can develop scalable SDKs and apps for iOS , Android Mobile, and other OTT platforms. You must be self-driven to continuously learn, evaluate new technologies, innovate, and deliver solutions for business-critical applications with little to no oversight from the management team.
The internship will be a hands-on learning experience demonstrating how features of our mobile applications evolve from concept to concrete implementation using the Agile development methodology. The intern will work directly with a senior-level engineer to design, architect, and develop one or more of these features. The intern will also gain an understanding of how various departments within ESPN – product, design, and technology – work together to create a seamlessly integrated product.
- Work with the iOS Mobile Engineering technology team to plan, build and test applications for mobile phones and tablets
- Investigate new technologies at the direction of staff engineers and report findings
- Complete programming assignments using Objective C or Swift
- Participate in application testing alongside dedicated quality assurance personnel.
- Work closely with Project Management to plan and track work in an Agile fashion.
- Must be self-motivated, have a strong team orientation, learn quickly and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to work with a wide spectrum of consumer facing technologies
- Passion for consumer software development
- Must enjoy technical troubleshooting and exploration
Preferred Qualifications:Experience, including course work or self-driven exploration, of iOS or related mobile technologies.
- Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior, Graduate Level student or recent graduate (within 6 months of graduating) pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or related field.
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Location: Bristol, CT
Housing: A limited amount of housing assistance may be available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Limited transportation assistance to and from work may be available for those who qualify.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.