Lead Designer, Motion GraphicsApply NowApply Later Job ID 779506BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Mar. 29, 2021
The Lead Designer, Motion Graphics is responsible for the creation, development and deployment of designs and animations at a high proficiency level. This position provides creative support for daily production and long range assignments, contributes to group projects, and frequently works independently on assignments. This is a hands-on position requiring individuals who possess strong conceptualization skills, the ability to offer unique creative solutions, change direction easily, push their creativity and software skills to higher levels, exploit new technology, and actively communicate on all phases of a project to maintain the quality of ESPN’s linear and digital platforms. The Lead Designer, Motion Graphics is a high level creative and technician who is expected to set the bar on quality, creativity, and implementation.
- Utilizes Adobe Suite, Cinema4D, and/or other 2D/3D applications to create advanced designs and animations for network productions, digital platforms, short and long-range assignments.
- Translates project details and creative direction into unique design, animation, and layout solutions.
- Creates, develops, and evolves graphics for studio shows, remote events, and digital distribution.
- Possesses strong individual and team communication skills - effectively communicates out to Production and Project Assignment peers to ensure strong dialogue exists throughout the day & keep timelines & expectations on track (Slack/Email/Teams/Zoom).
- Regularly contribute ideas/initiatives, demonstrates desire to push creative and technology to the next level, shows aptitude to learn and share new software knowledge to enhance individual versatility on assignments.
- Actively participates on special assignments such as in-house/off-site training and technical support for internal team, packagers, remote freelancers, and vendors.
- Displays ability to troubleshoot answer technical questions with respect to design/animation techniques.
- Research and implementation of cutting-edge technologies in the pursuit of next-level animation techniques and efficiencies.
- Actively develop innovative animation and design looks and processes while maintaining strong understanding of industry trends.
- Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- Adheres to proper file management techniques
- Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
- Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
- Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and able to effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
- Ability to work nights, weekends & holidays
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Adobe After Effects and Cinema 4D.
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, animation, design, and type layout skills.
- Strong 3D animation skills with good understanding of animation principles and theory.
- Reliable work-from-home setup (personal laptop or desktop with reliable internet connection).
- Reliable means of transportation for when on-site work is required.
- Minimum of 6 years hands-on design, graphics, animation, or motion graphics experience in a major TV market, network, post-house, or digital level.
- Advanced experience in motion graphics and animation applications as well as knowledge of CPU & GPU render engines, scripting capabilities, visual effects techniques.
- Passion for sports and familiarity with ESPN programming.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.