Lead QA AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 973982BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 06, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Responsibilities:• Create and execute test cases and test plans. Find, replicate, regress defects and write reproducible steps in our bug database system. Additionally, ensure that validated deliverables meet functional specifications and requirements.
• Participate in sprint plan review meetings to review functional and design specs and understand how that impacts features in development. This includes leading supplemental test plan reviews with peers, developers, and product team members and leading resourcing discussions, in addition to having a solid understanding of the business and roadmaps.
• Effectively communicate defects, test result status to stake holders and developers responsible for products in test, and lead various test sessions with key members of the delivery team to ensure functionality of product(s).
• Develop test plans, test cases, and drive test strategy for targeted applications while maintaining and suggesting improvements to the QA process.
• Manage and give technical direction to our geo-distributed QA team members to maintain oversight and vendor accountability
• Work with the automation engineering teams to develop, execute, and improve our automation testing suite, in addition to contributing to the triage of identified failures.
- 7+ years of relevant quality and/or technical analyst experience.
- Clear communicator (written and verbal) for talking with stakeholders about requests and informing teams of any issues regarding submissions or development tasks
- Experience with various API QA tools and platforms. (Postman, SOAPtest, Selenium, RestAssured, etc)
- Experience with manual and automation testing for Java/web-based applications.
- Ability to focus on multiple projects with competing priorities and deliverable dates.
- Ability to test and understand applications with complex business workflows.
- Ability to take initiative with incoming requests and work.
- Familiarity with issue tracking software like Jira or Github.
- Solves complex problems independently.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of software quality assurance practice and testing methodologies and tools.
- Experience writing test cases, test plans and overseeing the QA process in its entirety.
- Experience in agile software development teams working iteratively with designers, product managers and stakeholders.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable. Ability to balance multiple projects in a fast-paced and sometimes high-pressure environment, while being adaptable to change.
- Ability to work and participate in a team with an open and collaborative style of communication.
- An analytical thinker, with sharp attention to detail, that has problem-solving and trouble shooting skills.
- A strong passion for product quality and continuous willingness to improve the process.
- Knowledge and understanding of Application Lifecycle Management, Software Development and Agile Development/Testing practices and methodologies.
- Knowledge and understanding of test management tools.
- API testing experience (Postman, RestAssured)
- Automation experience
- Digital media experience is a plus
- A passion for technology and learning!
- Bachelor’s or 8 years relevant work experience.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.