Lead Software Engineer (Infrastructure)
Bristol, Connecticut, United States; Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 837206BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Aug. 11, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ and Disney+ HotStar; and domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and The Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
The Lead Software Engineer, Infrastructure, is a key member on the team responsible for developing the tools, platforms and methodologies that deliver performant, resilient, and efficient private and public cloud platforms and architectures supporting the DMED organization. This individual will focus on building and ensuring delivery of solutions and services to our business partners while continuously striving to improve processes to ensure reliable, timely, and high quality solutions. They champion scalability, security, and performance aspects of the system.
- Leads efforts in regard to designing, developing and deploying modular cloud-based systems
- Develops and maintains cloud solutions in accordance with best practices while ensuring efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with company security policies and best practices in cloud security
- Serves as a technical escalation point to troubleshoot complex issues with clients’ cloud infrastructure and infrastructure
- Collaborates with other engineering teams on the implementation of new cloud technologies and initiatives
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves infrastructure vulnerabilities and application deployment issues
- Regularly reviews existing systems, policies, and practices, and provides thought leadership while identifying solutions that enhance service delivery efficiency, and enhance the current environment
- Negotiates dependencies and priorities with stakeholders and internal customers, and determines resourcing needs as needed
- All other duties that drive key business outcomes
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in a technical discipline
- At least 7 years of previous and relevant experience in technology engineering or operations with experience in CI/CD systems and with SysOps
- Advanced Experience with Amazon Web Services-based infrastructure and management
- Experience with Security Products (Firewall, Web Gateways, Proxies)
- Expertise in configuring, deploying, tuning, and supporting web frameworks at scale on Linux and container platforms
- Familiarity with the Agile methodology
- Scripting abilities in at least two of the following: Bash, Python, Ruby, Go, PowerShell
- Strong foundations with Git and git-flow methodologies
- Advanced Degree from an accredited institution in a technical discipline
- Proficient working with Terraform, Chef, Salt, or other configuration management tools
- Proficient with version control systems (Git, TFS, SVN)
- Experience managing site content and configuration via CDN providers
Location Preferences for this role are Burbank, CA - Bristol, CT - Seattle, WA - New York, NY or Remote Work available for the right candidate
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.