Lead Product Designer
Bristol, CT - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 764076BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 06, 2020
Job Summary:Be part of an exciting, high business impact, multi-year project to unify advertising sales platforms to support multiple business segments within Disney.
You will provide design guidance to other design resources who are assigned to one or more agile development teams running in parallel. You will work closely with product managers, software engineers, stakeholders and users of the application. You may provide hands-on assistance as needed.
You will lead in partnership with other senior members of the design team, the effort to research, validate and construct a world class ad platforms design system. You will help shape the future of our team, define processes and standards of UX design excellence, and lead our team through impactful achievements.
- Lead UX Design execution on project assignments
- Lead UX Design Team initiatives
- Lead & Contribute to the new Ad Platforms design system
- Lead, Develop and Conduct User Research and Testing to validate user-centered design decisions
- Mentor other user experience designers
- Lead Design/Whiteboard Sessions
- Create Sketches, Wireframes & Interactive Prototypes
- Create Visual Designs and Specs (if skillset exists)
- Perform audits on your designs once they are built
- Other (information architecture, task flows, mockups, etc.)
- 8+ years of experience working as a UX/UI Designer, Interaction Designer, Information Architect (or closely related field) in the design of heavily transactional web, desktop, and/or mobile applications.
- Proven Leadership Skills
- Proven ability to navigate political landscapes
- Portfolio of your amazing work at all stages; sketches, wireframes, prototypes, visual design, usability testing results, personas, task flows, etc.
- Deep understanding of user-centered design methods and usability principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent facilitation skills and ability to effectively lead whiteboard design sessions.
- Effective negotiator, enthusiastic team player, and able to resolve conflicts.
- Attentive to details while successfully juggling multiple assignments and competing priorities.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite or similar tools.
- Proficiency with InvisionApp or similar tools. Axure is a plus.
- Solid understanding of the technical implications of your designs. Knowledge of React, HTML, CSS is a plus.
- Practical knowledge of user research methods, including lab-based usability studies, field studies, and usability inspections (heuristic evaluations or cognitive walkthroughs).
- A great sense of humor.
- A hearty thirst and enthusiasm for UX knowledge, trends, sharing and banter.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.