Live Event Replay Operator (Media Operator)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 773671BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 04, 2021
The Media Operator in the Studio Operations group must be proficient in organizing, recording, editing, and playing back server-based material during live and pre-recorded productions while ensuring all content meets ESPN’s high standards for video and audio quality. They are also responsible for local media management and naming conventions. Work will be performed in a fast-paced environment for a wide variety of studio shows and events.
- Operates all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to organization and distribution of all server content used for recording and playback during control room productions.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of editing techniques on instant replay and non-linear systems
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of plant signal flow/routing
- Measure audio and video signals to ensure quality control of ESPN endorsed standards on all operations using comprehensive knowledge of broadcast methods
- Participates in special event coverage and projects as necessary
- May train others in operational areas and if so, required to generate training documentation.
- Minimum of 2 years practical TV Production or related experience at the large market or network level.
- Proficient knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to: Video production switchers, server-based recording/playback systems and related control devices, TV Production routers, intercom systems, signal conversion equipment, etc.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and lead simultaneous projects.
- Solid understanding of workflow in other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations.
- Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
- Problem solves and troubleshoots using effective communication to best convey any issues needing resolution.
- Seeks out information in regard to the workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Production Operations, and utilizing that information to enhance processes and/or educate others.
- Participates in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self-career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Studio Production, or related field
- Vocational School or related experience
- Bilingual (written and spoken) – English/Spanish
- Demonstrable Knowledge of Broadcast Communications Equipment
- Understanding of Remote Event Workflows and Terminology
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service to our partners
- High School Diploma or equivalent
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.