Live From Home TechnicianApply NowApply Later Job ID 825291BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jul. 22, 2021
- System administration of ESPN’s 300+ Live From Home Kits (Servers, ROK, ADAP) – This includes remotely accessing Mac computers to configure audio signals and establishing video links with a control room or mobile unit. Technicians will routinely trouble-shoot issues with home networks, DANTE-equipped devices, and general computer issues.
- Independently works on remote installations of new equipment relating to projects and new business opportunities
- Assist in the implementation of hardware and software upgrades
- Ability to identify and trouble shoot any technical challenges such as Dante routing problems, loss of video feeds, and internet connectivity issues.
- Support cutting edge distributed production workflows
- Has in-depth knowledge of digital audio standards, computer networking and signal flow.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends from existing home office.
- Candidate must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills and organizational abilities.
- Focus on superb customer service to internal and external groups, including high-profile commentators as well as exhibits a professional attitude and ability to work at a high level with minimal supervision
- Candidate must be able to maintain attention to detail and work independently in a demanding deadline-driven environment
- Ability to multitask effectively and prioritize technical issues as they arise
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience in sports broadcasting or deadline-driven, always-on IT environment.
- Working knowledge of audio protocols, including DANTE and MADI.
- Fundamental knowledge of Broadcast Production workflow and operating systems.
- Apple OS knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.