Manager, Corporate Communication – Sports, ESPN+Apply NowApply Later Job ID 784637BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Apr. 28, 2021
You will work closely with various Communications, Publicity, and Content teams across ESPN, and other parts of DMED, creating effective strategies and collaboratively executing campaigns to grow awareness for ESPN+, ESPN+ on Hulu and the portfolio of ESPN digital products and platforms. The role will be responsible for working in partnership with ESPN content and Communications teams to implement strategies, initiatives and events resulting in positive placements in traditional press, digital/social press, influencers, etc. This high-energy, team-oriented professional will handle a variety of projects concurrently with the ability to prioritize with an attention to detail and conscientious follow up.
- Serve as key point person for the ESPN+ product and business, including development and coordination of communications plans, messaging and materials, while serving as key coordination point and resource for all information related to ESPN+.
- Work with ESPN digital product and content teams and coordinate with ESPN communications teams to publicize ESPN+ premium content.
- Help develop and execute communications strategies for ESPN Fantasy Sports products and content.
- Help to maintain DMED communications tools including but not limited to press lists, clip reports, fact sheets, the DMED Media site, and more.
- Write and edit press materials, pitch stories to media outlets, including print and web-based reporters and influencers.
- Establish and maintain strong communication and relationships with DMED and ESPN colleagues across groups, including content production, programming marketing, communications, talent, and more.
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ideally 5+ years communications experience at a network, streaming service or studio
- Experience managing the execution of publicity announcements and campaigns for television, film and/or streaming content
- Established relationships and the ability to develop new relationships with TV/streaming media reporters and internal client partners
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable about the social media and savvy about utilizing social platforms to grow reach
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment
- Team player with leadership skills
- An authentic sports fan
- International experience or knowledge of international media is a plus.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Walt Disney Direct-to-Consumer & International is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.