Manager, ESPN Social MediaApply Now Apply Later Job ID 551630BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States; Los Angeles, California, United States Business Media Networks Brand ESPN Date posted May. 04, 2018
Job Summary:The Manager of ESPN Social Media will oversee and create content for various ESPN accounts across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other potential emerging social channels. Candidates must demonstrate extremely sound news judgement and an ability to develop content that will thrive in mobile/social environments. Social media distribution experience, an ability to develop an awareness of the operations of multiple ESPN units, and experience managing both people and projects in a creative environment are crucial to succeeding in this role.
- Day-to-day planning, management, and creation of content for multiple social media platforms
- Develop compelling social media event coverage plans and new content concepts with a short turnaround time and an eye for data-driven decision making
- Ensure that writing and visual styles are consistent with digital and editorial best practices
- Engage internal content partners to ensure the best creation, sharing and distribution of social content
- Maintain mastery of latest social trends and best practices
- Sports take place on nights, weekends and holidays -- and those shifts will be regular and required
- Ability to see the bigger picture of the technology and social media landscape and how it intersects with fan consumption of ESPN content
- At least 5 years working in a media environment with quick-turn decision making, content creation and live publishing responsibilities
- At least 1 year of people management experience
- Advanced knowledge of both current sports (teams, players, storylines) and Internet pop culture
- Skilled in social media comprehension and execution across Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of journalistic standards
- Ability to create and tell stories in a fast-paced, highly competitive environment
- Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple tasks during a typical work day
- Proven track record of successful people management experience totaling more than one year
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite skills including Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects
- Bachelor’s Degree in communication arts, journalism or new media or equivalent combination of education experience.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Enterprises, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.