Manager, Facility Security (Third Shift)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 799067BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted May 28, 2021
The Manager Facility Security directly manages security operations and security shift supervisors in assigned locations for 3rd shift personnel.
This person is responsible for managing the 3rd Shift and will be required to work non-standard hours, 11:00pm to 7:00am (Monday - Friday).
- Directly manages security operations and security shift supervisors in assigned locations
- Ensures the proper operation and maintenance of security systems and equipment, including control card access, surveillance, fire alarm, work orders, and dispatch
- Works with security consultant to assess effectiveness of the security function, and recommend upgrades, repairs, and system improvements
- Ensures that shift supervisors fully orient and train new employees
- Instructs shift supervisors on the implementation and use of new/upgraded security systems
- Advises the Facilities Operations Department regarding the security implications of new construction projects
- Coordinates with fire, police, paramedic, and other emergency resources to ensure that effective operating procedures and relationships are in place
- Operates within a clearly defined structure of defined operating processes
- Decisions are subject to close review and are determined by reference to operating policy and procedures
- Minimum of 5 years’ security and/or safety work experience in a large, multi-site, global corporate, institutional or governmental environment; with at least one (1) year in people management, managerial and policy making experience in the security/safety field
- Is an experienced manager with very good leadership skills
- Has working knowledge of police, fire, medical, and other emergency service provider procedures in responding to emergency incidents
- Has working knowledge in preparing operational budgets
- Has good subject matter knowledge with a working understanding of one recognized body of knowledge
- Advanced education in Security / Criminal Justice / Safety or equivalent
- Certified Security Professional
- Prior Military, Law Enforcement and/or Corporate Security experience
- University campus security experience
- Has knowledge of security equipment, systems, procedures and standards
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.