Manager, Financial AccountingApply NowApply Later Job ID 771606BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 12, 2021
We are looking for an experienced Manager interested in making an impact with a growing technology business with the Walt Disney Company. We are seeking an individual energized by new challenges and the culture of a new business where you are creating the foundation for the future. This person should be a self-starter, creative problem solver, excellent communicator and willing to build relationships across business units. This individual will support Disney Streaming Services, a business that delivers on Disney’s direct to consumer business strategy, including ESPN+ and Disney +.
- Will be responsible for planning, coordinating and executing SOX Compliance efforts and other special projects.
- Act as a subject matter expert for risk assessment, control design, and financial frameworks.
- Assist in providing guidance related to the SOX compliance program requirements, identification of key controls, proactively monitor/evaluate current controls and issues.
- Responsible for continually evaluating and recommending operational and process improvements to our financial compliance processes, and the efficiency and effectiveness of the businesses key control structure.
- Monitor business changes/trends and recommend innovative solutions to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the control structure to business partners and auditors.
- Review deficiencies for the business and collaborate with business partners and auditors on practical solutions for remediation.
- Lead the coordination with the internal and external auditors.
- Build strong relationships with business partners to provide value-added consultation to influence and strengthen operational efficiencies and effectiveness, and reduce risks related to material misstatements for the business.
- Drive strategic thinking and decision making to ensure the business is proactively addressing and anticipating risks, including promoting appropriate risk management, awareness, and mitigation.
- Demonstrate a willingness, to be a part of initiatives outside of SOX Compliance (while considering independent functions/requirements) to become a trusted advisor and strategic leader for the business.
- Assist with other areas of DSS Controllership as required.
- This role will be responsible for managing the Disney Streaming Services Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Section 404 Compliance program.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience preferred with a minimum of four years of accounting experience (including public accounting, preferably within a Big 4 firm)
- Strong ability to understand, assess and prioritize risks across the components of the control environment.
- Solid communication skills, including a proven ability to articulate to others outside of Controllership, complex risks, their impact, and the required action plans to address those risks.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management. Established record of developing strong relationships and providing quality client service.
- Self-motivated with outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills.
- High-energy level and a strong work ethic
- Entertainment Industry Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.