Manager, Systems EngineeringApply NowApply Later Job ID 7096502120211219 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
The manager of Embedded Engineering will lead a team of infrastructure engineers embedded with the Media Engineering team, which provides design, engineering and support for media workflows across the Disney company. This person will drive our engagement across the various media engineering teams in order to drive product platform scalability, reliability, and best in class cloud infrastructure solutions through embedded delivery engagement.
- Lead and manage embedded infrastructure engineers.
- Plays a key role in defining initiatives and contributing to the strategic planning.
- Adapt in a quickly changing environment and interact with a broad customer base with diverse needs and functional responsibilities
- Ensure product / project deliverables across the delivery teams are consistent, high quality and well documented
- Directly oversee, mentor, and develop the technical staff and supervise the technical delivery of these developers
- Provide leadership to direct-report and/or cross-functional teams
- Challenge the status quo through intellectual curiosity and natural inquisitiveness to look beyond the obvious for continuous improvement.
- Interface with both senior technology leaders as well as senior business leaders in order to accomplish business goals.
- Participate in various tactical and strategic meetings with all levels of leadership to advise and collaborate on solutions to current and future challenges
- Identifies opportunities to consolidate and/or optimize business processes through research and leveraging vendor relationships
- Ensures that all security requirements are met or exceeded
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and their services(AWS, Azure)
- High level understanding of networking, compute and databases
- Experience with managing off/near-shore consultants
- Understanding of Devops and SRE roles and responsibilities
- Solid understanding of program and project management principles
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communication as well as visualizations
- Ability to act as liaison between business and technologies
- Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities
- Ability to think creatively and to drive innovation
- Understanding of Agile methodology
Preferred Qualifications :
- 3+ years of experience in people management and leadership role
- 6+ years of experience in leading and driving large teams and programs
- Experience in working in a multi-national and multi-cultural work environment
- Cloud development experience
- Report AWS cost analysis
- Experience with Broadcast management software.
- Demonstrates strong ability to influence without authority
- Demonstrates strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to share and present ideas and program details with Senior Executives
- Ability to embrace organizational change
- Ability to think creatively beyond normal constraints
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.