Master Control OperatorApply NowApply Later Job ID 773684BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 19, 2021
The Master Control Operator must be proficient in the use of all broadcast equipment and technology within assigned operating areas to execute live and pre-recorded programming and commercials as scheduled. The Master Control Operator will understand & execute these items and more, including but not limited to: protocols for live programs, commercial and program log documentation, regional feeds and market protection procedures, intercom communication procedures, media transfers for specific operating conditions, and any required documentation.
Our ideal candidate must be flexible with their schedule and expect to work nights, holidays and weekends, as this is a 24/7 operation. The ability to perform all job expectations under tight deadlines, while demonstrating strong interpersonal communication skills, is a must. Other skills that we are looking for in our candidates include: organizational and planning skills, adaptability to a constantly changing environment, effective communication skills, and a working knowledge of computer programs, such as Outlook and Excel.
- Network operation for individual recorded and/or live shows, content and commercial segments.
- Respond to changing creative and master control operational requirements of the ESPN network(s)
- Proficient knowledge and application of master control standards & information and operating systems.
- Conduct a proficient level of quality control measuring and corrective action to enhance audio/video in support of applicable ESPN Standard Operating Procedures
- Proficient understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Network and Production Operations.
- Demonstrate problem solving, troubleshooting, and effective communication skills to best convey issues and find solutions
- Provide support for ESPN Domestic and International networks, and digital platform
- May participate in training of others in operational areas and generate training documentation
- Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for self/career development and/or regarding any relevant equipment and workflow changes within the operation
- Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans
- Assigned to operational roles and expected to report on system status for specific area
- Comply fully with company and/or departmental standard operating procedures. May support the updating of SOPs for area
- Demonstrate sound communication with timely follow up in problem solving scenarios
- Must be adept at understanding complex information and demonstrate comprehension through operational proficiency
- Expected to share experiences and offer solutions to standard workflow or system problems
- Expected to initiate productive interactions with operational counterparts and closely related support departments. Together, complete the expected assignments based upon timelines and pre-determined guidelines
- Communicate regularly with direct Supervisor and/or Manager in compliance with departmental guidelines
- Provide quality service in assigned area to all customers, as defined and assigned by management
- As necessary, participate in team based projects and contribute recommendations for the departmental objectives
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
- A minimum of 2 years practical TV production or related experience.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off and work overtime to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Must demonstrate ability to perform tasks under tight deadlines, work independently and prioritize simultaneous projects.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills are a necessity.
- Organizational, efficiency and planning skills are required.
- Ability to work as a part of a team dynamic.
- Must be willing and able to adapt to constantly changing environment.
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc…) and strong communication skills.
- Solid knowledge of all TV Production equipment and technology within assigned operating areas, including but not limited to server based recording/playback devices and related software
- Candidates must have a good computer background (Outlook, ENPS, Word, Excel, etc…) including experience with computer network signal flow.
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
- Vocational School or related experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.