Media Engineer II
Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 870364BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Oct. 04, 2021
Job Summary:The Media Engineer II role is a key role within the Media Engineering and Operations team. This position works as a member of the DMED Technology team and the division’s Media Operations & Engineering team to implement state of the art production control rooms and distribution systems at our headquarters in Bristol Connecticut.
This position is responsible for tier 2 preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and problem solving of the equipment and systems associated with content generation, monetization and distribution of all forms of DMED networks. Responsibility includes numerous systems such as Master Control, Studios, Production Control Rooms, Remote Production Equipment, Post Production, and numerous Contribution / Distribution Systems to ensure optimum performance.
- Monitors the performance of systems; maintains system configuration history of changes, troubleshoots and participates in repairing systems problems and failures, participates in leading or leads the maintenance of systems, installs software patches, updates etc., to resolve and avoid service problems, and troubleshoots system problems as they relate to these services
- Coordinates and / or performs upgrades to system hardware and software; coordinates the activities of technicians involved in the deployment and configuration of the systems, and with vendors on moves, additions and re-locations of systems or equipment
- When required perform preventative maintenance on all TV broadcasting systems and equipment, such as MPEG Compression systems, Encoders, Multiplexers, Modulators, Protection Switches, Uplink Based Conditional Access and Decoder Control, Integrated Receiver Decoders (IRDs), switchers, consoles, playout servers, cameras, robotics, electromechanical equipment, and in order to ensure optimum broadcast performance in the facility
- Develops and implements effective preventative maintenance and diagnostic/solutions, techniques and procedures
- Any other duties needed to help achieve Business Objectives
- Previous experience in audio and video software and applications including, but not limited to,
- Evertz EXE / EQX Video Routing systems (Router operations and panel interaction)
- Grass Valley Video Production Switchers (Kayenne / Kalypso)
- Lawo Consoles / Riedel and RTS communication systems
- Audio standards (AES / Embedded SDI / Dolby)
- SCSI, Fibre Channel, SAN, NAS, RAID and I/O Storage Sub-Systems
- Understanding of signal routing control systems to route video/audio and IP signals
- Physical requirements and work environment: Ability to climb ladders, work on raised structures and building roofs, operate areal lift platforms, operate forklift
Preferred Qualifications:Has extensive knowledge of television production hardware, software, systems and specifications, TCP/IP protocols on servers and workstations, systems management and server administration.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.