Media Storage Architect
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 646716BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 12/03/2019
- Design, develop and implement high capacity, media storage and archive solutions along with associated data access, management and monitoring tools.
- Develop and implement next-generation solutions that enable production workflow integration, automation and file-based media exchanges with remote facilities, event sites and 3rd party distribution partners.
- Develop and execute proof of concept initiatives involving new technologies and methodologies as related to media systems.
- Assist in the shaping of future products by directly contributing to the framework (architecture) used across multiple platforms or systems.
- Architect and implement solutions residing on premise as well as in virtual private and public cloud environments.
- Provide multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
- Identify, analyze and resolve system design weaknesses.
- Define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output functions and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility.
- Deploy and manage automation scripts and tools.
- Collaborate with technical and business stakeholders while providing insight into emerging technologies, architectures and methodologies that meet business objectives.
- Ensure system interoperability with 3rd party, vendor supplied systems and products.
- Provide 2nd level operational/technical support and training as necessary to operations, engineering and support staff.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in IT systems architecture and implementation.
- Strong knowledge of IT networking principals (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, HTTP, SNMP), database administration, server technology, cluster services and hardware virtualization.
- Strong knowledge of media storage technologies and archive solutions (e.g. NAS, SAN, Object) along with associated file system, data access and transfer protocols (SMB, NFS, CTDB, FTP, UDP, GPFS) and application software.
- Experience with Linux-based platforms (e.g. CentOS, RedHat).
- Strong knowledge of 3rd party cloud solutions (PaaS, IaaS, SaaS).
- Experience with active directory and domain services.
- Strong knowledge of concepts around API services and interfaces.
- Strong knowledge of load balancing concepts and technologies.
- Strong technical aptitude and troubleshooting skills required.
- Shows eagerness and capacity to learn new technologies, methods and approaches.
- Adapts quickly to changing situations.
- Willingness to undertake the development of new and untested approaches to satisfying production and business requirements.
- Works well in a highly collaborative, team environment.
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to maintain productivity with minimal supervisory oversight.
- Experience with migration of compute, storage and application functions into cloud and hybrid environments (AWS, Azure and other cloud platforms).
- Knowledge of streaming video, web serving and caching technologies.
- Experience with AI, ML and data analytics.
- Working knowledge of file transfer acceleration technologies, solutions and techniques (e.g. Signiant, Aspera).
- B.S. in Computer Science, related field or equivalent job experience.
- Master’s in Computer Science, related field or equivalent job experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.