Media Systems Engineer Internship, Summer 2024Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10064187 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Advertising Date posted Nov. 20, 2023
The Disney Entertainment & ESPN Technology (DE&ET) organization plays a central role in the future growth of The Walt Disney Company. Our team is responsible for worldwide linear and digital media distribution, design, and development of all consumer-facing digital products, advertising technology, consumer data, and international broadcast operations. Our employees are leading, crafting, and innovating, making aggressive moves in unexpected directions that redefine not just what a media company does, but what it can do. With The Walt Disney Company, you can be part of the media evolution, helping us build what's next.
Be a part of an innovative team and culture…
As part of the Disney Entertainment and ESPN Technology Team, Media Systems Engineering provides design, development, support, and maintenance of in-house end-to-end live broadcast origination, production, and post-production workflows, servicing Disney Branded acquisition and distribution of content.
Our mission is to empower our clients by making technology and workflows transparent so our “Partners in Storytelling” may deliver their highest level of Creative Services in developing and implementing their creative vision.
What You Will Do
The Media Systems Engineer Intern will gain experience in frontline design and support of the equipment, software, and workflows for any in-house live acquisition and distribution systems, production facility, and digital production studios. The Media Systems Engineering Intern will assist in design, documentation, project implementation, and learn about the maintenance and support of all department-related media systems and live broadcast infrastructure. This position reports to the Director of Media Systems Engineering.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficiency in data analysis and analytical thinking including technical troubleshooting.
- Strong ability to multi-task and context-switch with ease in a fast-paced, and ever-evolving organization.
- Process-driven and extremely detail-oriented.
- Experience using AutoCAD
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Understanding of video/audio encoding/transcoding techniques and formats.
- Knowledge and understanding of RF principles, fiber optics, and baseband video and digital compression technologies and transport systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP network protocols and systems.
- Knowledge of live broadcast TV and Streaming workflows.
Currently enrolled undergraduate student in an accredited college/university, pursuing a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program AND returning to school the semester/quarter following the internship OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization.
- All interns are required to provide their own housing and transportation during the internship
- Recommendation: Save a copy of this internship role description to reference throughout the interview process
About Disney Advertising:
Disney Advertising is responsible for advertising sales and integrated marketing for The Walt Disney Company’s entertainment and sports offerings through linear, digital, social, audio and ad-supported streaming businesses. This includes ABC, ABC News, Disney+, Disney Channels Worldwide, Disney Digital, ESPN Networks, ESPN+, Freeform, FX, National Geographic, Hulu, and its eight ABC-owned local stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Advertising.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.