Part-Time Assistant Audio Content Editor/ProducerApply NowApply Later Job ID 879404BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Oct. 28, 2021
- Assists producers in creations and presentation of digital audio content for ESPN.com, the ESPN App, and/or third party platforms (i.e. Apple, Spotify, and SiriusXM, etc)
- Assists producers by generating story ideas, providing research materials for interviews, assisting with guest booking and producing show elements
- Coordinates special projects and assists with assigned editorial tasks for the digital audio content team
- Performs non-complex editing assignments
- Facilitates digital audio edit and publication for specific ESPN initiatives, i.e. The Undefeated, espnW, etc.
- When directed, creates audio cuts and can make subjective decisions regarding the most appropriate audio cuts for publication and distribution
- Occasionally coordinates audio with visual assets for presentation on desktop and mobile platforms, sometimes aligning with or creating relevant video content as well
- When directed, occasionally serves as a producer for specific digital audio productions
- Researches assigned sports information and obtains materials necessary for aspects of productions
- Implements semi-routine tasks to support production activities and ongoing productions
- Work is subject to close scrutiny and is closely supervised and reviewed for timeliness, accuracy and adherence to established procedures
- May perform assigned tasks to support live streaming content such as play-by-play events or content separate from the main audio channel/channels
- Collaborates with ESPN Radio staff to efficiently facilitate transfer of radio content into the digital audio space
- May contribute to creative concepts
- A minimum of 1 year in production, collegiate, or related experience
- Has fundamental writing, producing, and editing skills
- Familiar with trends in content, technology, and production of digital audio content
- High School or equivalent.
- Bachelor's Degree
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Radio Networks Assets, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ABC Radio Networks Assets, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.