Part Time Associate Editor - Digital MediaApply NowApply Later Job ID 841413BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Sep. 14, 2021
This is a part time role, 29 hours per week. We may be flexible on location.
- The Associate Editor will assess multiple stories on a daily basis. These will include managing an overall style and voice.
- Along with the daily programming roles, the Associate Editor will be involved in short and long-term editorial planning, creating programming strategies specifically tailored to the content and audience consumption patterns.
- Associate Editors manage and track contributions from more than 125 ESPN reporters .Video contributions must be vetted in collaboration with the Digital Video team, and pushed into prominent spots on the site, on social media, and on TV.
- The Associate Editor will work across multiple content and delivery platforms on to develop in-depth projects, feature packages and daily content.
- 1 years working in a high-level sports media environment, including previous leadership roles
- Possess a expert-level knowledge of one or more of NFL, NBA, MLB, College Football and College Basketball, including fantasy and gambling areas. This includes not just on-field expertise, but a knowledge of the cutting-edge thoughts, trends and writers covering the sport.
- Understand and follow closely the latest in fan engagement data and key performance metrics to optimize content creation and distribution to fans.
- Strong understanding and appreciation of news and story play.
- Excellent headline writing skills, an understanding of search engine optimization.
- Work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in online media content preparation. Applicants must have the ability to work in a rapidly changing online environment and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Sports takes place on nights, weekends and holidays -- and those shifts will be regular and required.
- Have a background or quickly become competent in HTML.
- A B.S./B.A. degree in communication arts, journalism or new media or equivalent combination of education experience.
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Enterprises, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Enterprises, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.