Already applied?View Dashboard
Part-Time Associate EditorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 697553BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States; Los Angeles, California, United States Business ESPN Date posted Sep. 06, 2019
This position can be based in Bristol, CT or Los Angeles and is a Part Time role = 29 hours per week which may include non traditional hours. This position will work with content creators to optimize content, including implementing SEO best practices to improve search rankings.
- Editing and polishing articles (including headlines, captions and other display text), checking for accuracy, proper grammar, style and appropriateness.
- Helping monitor copy flow and assignments as directed by the Copy Chief, as well as editing headlines/blurbs for index pages, alerts and video modules. Determining editing priorities based on traffic data.
- Work shifts may require night and/or weekend duty.
- A minimum of 1 year of editorial, reporting and/or copy editing experience
- Has basic competence in writing, editing and reporting
- Has a basic appreciation of popular culture and contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN’s audiences
- Has basic news journalism experience and news judgment; understands assigned sport(s) from a journalistic point of view
- Has a basic understanding of HTML and related web authoring tools and software
- Strong knowledge of standard English rules pertaining to grammar and syntax; thorough familiarity with leading newspaper/magazine style guides; excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with most major Internet news sites and fluency in electronic newsgathering techniques.
- Strong understanding of most major sports, as well as a working knowledge of athletes, coaches, league operations and the like.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English or a related field or a high school diploma and a suitable combination of related training and experience.
Additional Information:**Relocation assistance is not provided for this role**
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Apply Now Apply Later