Part-Time Radio Production AssistantApply NowApply Later Job ID 852725BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Sep. 27, 2021
- Works cutting and editing actualities, play-by-play highlights and audio from ESPN shows.
- Will make decisions regarding the most appropriate audio cuts for ESPN Radio.
- Occasionally serves as an associate producer for radio productions.
- Assists ESPN Radio producers by generating story ideas, providing research materials for interviews, assisting with guest booking, producing show elements and operating the control board.
- Researches sports information and obtains materials necessary for aspects of productions.
- When directed, will operate the audio board
- When directed, occasionally serves as an associate producer for radio productions and podcasts.
- May contribute to creative concepts of radio shows and podcasts.
- May work with our Imaging team on promos and/or show production.
- Must have solid sports knowledge of NFL, NBA, CFB, MLB and other sports.
- Must be able to show good news judgement based on the top stories of the day.
- Work is subject to scrutiny and is closely supervised and reviewed for timeliness, accuracy and adherence to established procedures.
- A minimum of 1 year in commercial production and a minimum of 1 year working at a network or local radio facility.
- A minimum of 2 years working at a commercially operated, local or network radio facility
- College degree or Equivalent.
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.