Part-Time UX Designer/Researcher
Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 959748BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Apr. 22, 2022 Flex Type Remote
- You will explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting usability testing.
- You will develop detailed recommendations and reports from research performed, and present this work to project, stakeholder, and executive teams across the company.
- You will educate business teams on research and usability best practices qualifications.
- You will communicate the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them when appropriate.
- You will work with Art Directors, Developers, Photo Editors, Editors who are fun, creative, passionate about visual storytellers in a collaborative environment!
- You will practice established team workflows and processes, while always looking to improve them.
- You will have excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience conducting UX research in applied settings.
- Lead qualitative and quantitative user research initiatives that inform the design of the Visual Storytelling team in ESPN’s Creative Studio.
- Demonstrated ability to translate user research results and UX best practices into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Ability to adjust the level of depth and time spent in research to deliver on projects of varying sizes.
- Knowledge of the latest UI/UX standards, research trends, design best practices, and technologies.
- Knowledge of basic graphic and video editing tools.
- Have a drive and passion for synthesizing and sharing results.
- Proven project management skills with ability to prioritize, organize their own time, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Reliable work-from-home setup with reliable internet connection.
- A digital portfolio with research samples.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
Additional Information:Remote work may be possible with this role.
This role is considered remote, which means the employee will work remotely on an ongoing basis and will not have an assigned workspace at a Company designated location.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.