Post Production EditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 844386BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Aug. 21, 2021
The Post Production Editor is an experienced, knowledgeable, and well-versed non-linear editor who edits basic to intermediate level content to support all ESPN Production groups and performs supporting functions including media ingest/conversion, graphics creation and audio production. Responsibilities outside of this description may be required based on company and/or department initiatives. The Post Production Editor is expected to be a solid collaborator amongst various teams while editing at a proficient level.
- Proficient edit skills and ability to perform well under pressure, high demand, strict timelines and/or live conditions with little supervision.
- Edits a wide range of assignments within the particular discipline that is indicated by the job title.
- Conducts quality control measuring and corrective action steps to ensure and/or enhance product
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of workflow, equipment and facility layout in assigned areas for troubleshooting.
- Solid understanding of workflow of other business units, including their impact and/or specific integration with Creative Studio.
- Organization, efficiency, and planning skills are required.
- Participation in training programs, (physical classroom, virtual, etc.) for personal career development, new equipment and/or workflow changes within the operation.
- Keep abreast of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans.
- Share information and offer solutions to standard workflow and system problems.
- Initiate productive interactions with coworkers and clients. Together, complete the expected assignments based upon timelines and pre-determined guidelines.
- Provides quality service to all customers, as defined and assigned by management.
- Understand complex information and disseminate it to proper personnel. Effectively communicate problem solving efforts, results and solutions.
- As necessary, participate in team-based projects and contribute recommendations towards departmental objectives.
- Solid understanding of editing file structures, broadcast measurements, and A/V formats.
- Solid understanding of the theory and esthetics of graphics creation, color correction, and audio mixing.
- A minimum of three years of editing or related experience, college internship or related work in a large market or network level television.
- Ability to edit on a Non-linear system.
- Candidates must have good computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and solid communication skills.
- Demonstrates sound communication with timely follow up and problem solving
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Final Cut Pro
- After Effects
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
- Vocational School or related experience
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.