Post Production EditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 930450BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Mar. 19, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Post Editor will employ a strong level of craft edit skills and knowledge to assemble and create content using non-linear editing software in a post production environment. They are a creative storyteller in both short and long form content, providing complex pieces to support all production partners, clients and colleagues. They are strong communicators to successfully collaborate with clients, peers and management to meet critical deadlines for a wide variety of studio shows, platforms and events. Their skillset should include proficiency in the Adobe Suite (Premier, AE, Illustrator, Photoshop, Audition, etc.), while ensuring all content meets ESPN’s high standards for video and audio quality. They develop personnel, projects, and individual skillsets that propel Edit and Creative Studio into the future.
- Demonstrates strong edit skills. Performs under strict timelines with little supervision.
- Edits a wide range of assignments including: various show elements and pieces, media management, archival media restore and ingest systems, media exporting and publishing, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of broadcast, streaming, digital and social workflow, equipment, facility layouts, and troubleshooting practices as they relate to edit assignments.
- Conducts an advanced level of quality control.
- Provides strong service to all collaborative partners.
- Must have the skill and attitude to train less experienced editors on areas software.
- Will write and provide feedback in training initiatives and project contributions.
- Edits and designs in a wide range of assignments and equipment within the edit environment at an advanced level.
- Knowledge of linear, digital and social media workflows, equipment, and basic troubleshooting practices.
- Recommend adjustments as well as project needs while maintaining maximum creativity and flexibility.
- Must have the ability to train and learn new techniques and software platforms that aligns with industry needs and trends.
- Ability to identify and quickly escalate issues. Recommend solutions and/or resolve operational errors and equipment failures.
- A minimum of 4 years of work in a Post House, large market or network TV production or related experience.
- Advanced skills in non linear editing
- Ability to work under tight deadlines is critical.
- Candidates must have good computer background (MS Office, Slack, Work Front, file formatting, etc.)
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to work overtime and alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Strong organizational, communication and planning skills are required.
- Has in-depth understanding/background in non-linear editing in an area including Avid, Final Cut Pro, Adobe (Premiere, AE, Audition, etc.) Grass Valley, Edius, Resolve, ENPS, etc.
- Knowledge of PC or Mac operating systems.
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Post Production, Communications, Graphic Design, Journalism, or related field
- Vocational School or related experience
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.