Principal Security Architect
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 706358BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 19/09/2019
Job Summary:The Principal Security Architect is a key member of the Security Architecture & Engineering team and responsible for the strategy and operational management of security architecture activities. The role is also responsible for the creation and maintenance of the enterprise security architecture and standards.
This position requires a strategic thinker with strong collaboration skills and detailed working knowledge of security technologies and best practices for a complex business environment to ensure that products and systems are deployed in a secure manner.
- Develop and drive the execution of architecture and standards to continuously enhance our security posture as the threat landscape evolves.
- Partner with business partners and technical teams to advise, design, and integrate security requirements and practices into solutions. This includes system-level architecture, threat modeling, security assessments, and definition of technical security controls necessary to achieve security requirements.
- Provide security architecture designs and security consulting services for enterprise IT projects that cross multiple platforms and ensure alignment with DTCI’s security architecture.
- Mature and help implement Threat Modeling capability with SDLC and application development efforts.
- Support the creation of and adherence to information security reference architectures by developing reusable patterns for security.
- Define formal security standards and practices consistent with enterprise security policy, legal, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key vendors to ensure that all technology and services roadmaps are leveraged and aligned.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert to internal and external business & technology teams and articulate risks in business context.
- Stay current on market developments to identify emerging security technologies, risks and trends to ensure that DTCI computing environment keeps pace with security technology and risk landscape evolution.
- 10+ years of experience in information security with demonstrated experience in building, implementing and continuous maturing of leading security programs
- Demonstrated ability in influencing technical teams
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking and leadership
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with limited direction and change oriented where the individual actively defines process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
- Demonstrated technical abilities across a broad range of technologies: Windows, Linux, relational databases (Oracle, MS SQL, etc.), NGFW, secure web gateways, endpoint security, vulnerability scanners, SIEM, virtualization and cloud computing
- Proven experience in security architecture for both applications and infrastructure
- Proven experience with software development methodologies, including waterfall, agile, DevSecOps
- Proven project management and organizational skills, specifically managing multiple, concurrent projects
- Demonstrated customer focus where the individual evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer view point, partners with customers to shape future state products and strategy
- CISSP, GIAC GCIA and GIAC GCIH certifications desired
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related discipline is highly desired
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.