Principal Security Architect
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 706358BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Sep. 19, 2019
Job Summary:The Principal Security Architect is a key member of the Security Architecture & Engineering team and responsible for the strategy and operational management of security architecture activities. The role is also responsible for the creation and maintenance of the enterprise security architecture and standards.
This position requires a strategic thinker with strong collaboration skills and detailed working knowledge of security technologies and best practices for a complex business environment to ensure that products and systems are deployed in a secure manner.
- Develop and drive the execution of architecture and standards to continuously enhance our security posture as the threat landscape evolves.
- Partner with business partners and technical teams to advise, design, and integrate security requirements and practices into solutions via interpretation and definition of technical security controls necessary to achieve security requirements derived from regulatory mandates, industry standards and Disney internal policies.
- Mature and help implement Threat Modeling capability with SDLC and application development efforts.
- Support the creation of and adherence to information security reference architectures by developing reusable design patterns for security.
- Define formal security standards and practices consistent with enterprise security policy, legal, regulatory requirements, and industry best practices.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with key vendors to ensure that all technology and services road maps are leveraged and aligned.
- Stay current on market developments to identify emerging security technologies, risks and trends to ensure that DTCI computing environment keeps pace with security technology and risk landscape evolution.
- 10+ years of experience in technical leadership with demonstrated experience and skills in information security.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of application architecture with special emphasis on security by design.
- Demonstrated strong technical capability and experiences across a broad range of technical disciplines: Secure software development methodologies, cloud architecture and security, Automation (IaC, configuration management), securing diverse data structures, IAM, cryptographic services, Perimeter security (WAF, web/API gateways) Endpoint security (instance and API endpoint), holistic vulnerability assessment etc.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment with limited direction and change oriented where the individual actively defines process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
- Demonstrated competency in critical thinking and perspective taking
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.