Producer I, Mobile Platform Shows (Digital Video/Social Content)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 710451BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Dec. 16, 2019
A Producer I will oversee the daily creation of key segments for ESPN’s premium off-platform Quibi show. They will write scripts, produce video, and may be asked to work out of graphics templates to achieve an end result that is optimized for mobile audience consumption. This individual must be organized, nimble in a fast-paced environment, available to work night and weekend shifts, and able to recognize unique and compelling content that will thrive in mobile digital/social environments. A Producer I must have or develop an awareness of the operations of multiple ESPN units in order to collaborate successfully with creative services, production operations, technology, and senior social production management to ensure that we maintain and evolve the tools and processes required to deliver digital video content to fans in the highest-quality, most creative, and most efficient ways possible. The ideal candidate will also be a student of audience analytics and the evolving OTT landscape.
- Produce and edit segments for mobile consumption
- Write scripts and collaborate with talent
- Assist producers and directors in a control room environment
- Create and maintain content plans for specific sports, topics and/or priorities
- Work within graphics templates optimized for both vertical and horizontal mobile consumption
- Become a subject matter expert on ESPN Digital/Social Production and the OTT landscape and apply that expertise to grow an engaged audience
- Track performance metrics and video analytics in order to enhance production strategy
- Participate with teams internally and externally in the creation and distribution of content that best activates new audiences
- Maintain strong understanding and journalistic sensibility when it comes to sports news
- Minimum of 6 years of combined media experience with a focus on digital and mobile production
- Strong experience editing content, especially editing video to the needs and specs of multiple off-platform destinations
- Proven track record as a collaborative teammate
- Excellent script writing skills
- Advanced knowledge across a variety of sports including teams, players, and key storylines
- Proficient knowledge of the OTT landscape
- Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple varied tasks during a typical work day
- Advanced non-linear editing skills (Quantel, Avid, Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop etc.)
- Experience in control room settings
- Track record of successful production for large-scale media channels
- Strong presentation skills
- Management experience
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.