Producer II, ESPN+ OriginalsApply NowApply Later Job ID 886767BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
The ESPN+ Producer II will also be involved in all aspects of content development and production, from budget planning, programming and dealing with entertainment industry talent, to providing guidance on scripts, edits, and post-production.
This position can be based either in NY or CT, possibly CA.
- Guide productions from green light through execution and distribution
- Serve as project lead for multiple docuseries per year, collaborating with third-party packagers on story development, research, interview lists, formal production, delivery of notes, post-production, rights and clearances and final delivery
- Serve as centralized point person for all creative feedback
- Assist in long-range strategic production planning
- Execute established content creation protocol
- Create and execute deliverables timelines
- Contextualize, manage and distribute programming calendar to third-party vendors
- Collaborate with content integration team, as well as PR, marketing, social and editorial to provide maximum visibility for each project
- Work directly with Business Affairs on all matters related to the contract
- Work directly with relevant production management teams on all budgetary matters including personnel, logistics, operations
- Collaborate with creative team on key art and episodic art
- Provide initial quality assurance of projects from inception through distribution
- Develop creative supplementary content to support ESPN+ Original Content initiatives
- Innovate creatively while working within confines of budget restrictions of particular assignments
- Ability to produce and direct original docuseries
- Assign duties to supporting personnel
- Manage direct report(s) and provide performance reviews for production support staff
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with various online content distribution platforms and developing new media outlets
- Strong communication skills and follow-through instincts, along with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Availability on nights and weekends, as well as occasional travel, as projects demand
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate leadership on complex projects
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Experience managing direct reports
- 10+ years of content creation experience on multiple platforms, as well as strong experience in creative development
- Previous supervisory and leadership experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Broadcasting, Journalism, Radio/TV/Film, or equivalent work experience.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.