Product Manager, Video Platform and Tools
Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 698419BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 19/08/2019
This role will drive the vision and own the requirements across our suite of video experience curation and artwork management tools, both key products in building content experiences that are viewed by millions of fans worldwide. The product manager will work daily with partner editorial and programming teams to develop new features and improve existing capabilities allowing the teams to build engaging and highly personalized content experience for our viewers and fans.
The right candidate will partner closely with engineering, project management and QA teams in an agile development environment. The candidate will also work closely with peer product owners that manage the consumer applications across web, mobile and OTT to align roadmaps and support new features.
The right candidate will have a strong vision and be capable of understanding complex processes and systems. Furthermore, this person will have a diverse background and have demonstrated a track record of successfully building and managing scaled, high quality, innovative products and services for a consumer-oriented organization. The right candidate must be a self-motivated, team player who can drive the overall business objectives of the organization with a high degree of autonomy.
The Product Manager, Video Platforms and Tools will be a member of the Media Platforms Product Management team.
The role is based on the campus of ESPN’s headquarters in Bristol, CT.
- Lead key product initiatives for video partnership and distribution, partnering with Affiliate, Engineering, Business, and other Product teams to deliver content to strategic partners and streaming providers.
- Champion the requirements, communication and delivery of catalog feeds for distribution to partner business and technical teams.
- Author, maintain and deliver technical documentation and other resources to internal and external partners.
- Lead product requirements for the partner video ingestion platform and tool.
- Contribute to the overall product roadmap and execute on the development of features and improvements, through an agile software development lifecycle.
- Write and communicate product requirements effectively to developers, project managers, and affiliate and business stakeholders.
- Provide transparency and recommendations on project trade-offs, understanding and coordinating dependencies across multiple teams with competing priorities.
- Translate strategy and product vision into project deliverables with achievable launch targets.
- Balance the priorities of a diverse group of stakeholders, while continuing to foster positive and trusted relationships with internal and external partners.
- Support additional products and initiatives within the Video Platforms Product Management Team and other product teams as necessary.
- 3 years of professional experience in a digital media company with direct Product Management experience.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge driving agile product development, preferably on streaming media, data distribution or internal platforms with dynamic data ingestion.
- Experience managing product requirements and release deliverables in JIRA, in an agile product development lifecycle.
- Experience authoring product or technical documentation.
- Experience working with large, cross-functional development teams.
- High level of comfort communicating with executives inside and outside of ESPN and Disney, including strategic partners.
- High energy and capable of multi-tasking and context-switching with ease, in a fast-paced and ever-evolving organization.
- Ability to operate effectively in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work cross organizationally.
- Process-driven and extremely detail-oriented.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor's Degree
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.