Production Coordinator IApply NowApply Later Job ID 831026BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States; Charlotte, North Carolina, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Jul. 21, 2021
- Works in conjunction with the Operations Department to assist with logistics (in and out-of-house).
- Organizes and distributes show production elements and materials (i.e. Sales, graphics and promotional information).
- Acts as liaison for assigned sport/show categories between Production, other ESPN departments and outside entities.
- Supports staff and freelance Talent, Producers, Directors, Graphics/Playback Producers, Associate Directors, Associate Producers, Content Associates and Production Assistants on the systematic processes of assigned sport/show unit.
- Participates in the recruiting, selecting and scheduling of Content Associates and Production Assistants as needed, for specific production groups and sport categories/show units.
- Responsible for training new hires on Production departmental processes and procedures.
- Works with upper management on scheduling of assigned personnel, regarding event and show assignments, tracks personnel overtime and vacation time.
- Provides objective feedback on performance to staff and freelance personnel and shares feedback as required.
- Organize and plan production clinics, seminars, workshops, surveys and meetings for production personnel.
- Plans, requests and allocates production facility needs of assigned sports/shows.
- At the direction of Coordinating Producers, requests contracts and service agreements.
- Includes technical, logistical, financial and administrative aspects of productions in assigned areas.
- Works with production teams to ensure assigned productions meet established network creative and technical specifications, business objectives and financial goals.
- Operates within the context of defined Production goals and objectives.
- Decisions are guided by established corporate policies and Production operational policies.
- Work is reviewed from a short-to-mid-term perspective and against defined objectives, budgets and schedules.
- Responsible for the handling and trafficking of sensitive information (budgetary, fee-related, etc.)
- Responsible for dealing with time-sensitive materials and decisions.
- During Production peak times, remains accessible and is often required to work non-traditional days/hours.
- Traveling for productions (domestic and international) may be required.
- Possesses basic understanding of the production of studio shows, remote events and/or packaged shows.
- Has knowledge of the operational and logistical aspects of production planning.
- Has basic experience in various aspects of production management (i.e. processing contracts and invoices, creating, maintaining and distributing production information, travel management, production personnel scheduling/staffing).
- Has some financial management experience
- Must possess strong communication skills (i.e. clear and concise in all forms of communication, ability to handle high-volume email and phone traffic as well as in-person interactions).
- Must possess strong organizational skills (i.e. budgeting time and prioritizing workload, accuracy and attention to detail in all tasks, ability to implement systematic processes and organize information flow).
- Demonstrates ability to take initiative; suggests ideas and solutions to problems that arise or before they occur.
- Must understand the value of synergy in a dynamic organization.
- Has demonstrated ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of sensitive production situations that arise and are subject to continual change.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Working knowledge of Zoom, NCS, ENPS and SAP.
- Bachelor’s Degree
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.