Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Production Internship - ESPN - Fall 2017Apply Now Job ID 455022BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Job Posting Company ESPN Job Posting Area ESPN Date posted 05/19/2017
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
The Production Department produces content for ESPN’s family of networks that fans can watch on television, their computer, tablet or smart phone; examples include SportsCenter, Baseball Tonight and NFL Live.
A Day in the Life:
- Screens games, selects shots and creates shot sheets for assigned highlights
- Cuts show elements, such as video b-roll, highlights, teases; selects material for bumps and roll-outs
- Operates studio teleprompter system
- Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms
- Logs and archives video and associated data for future use
- Researches, writes and disseminates ideas for future content element on ESPN platforms
- May join specific show or sport staffs
What You Bring to the Role:
- Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
- Elite knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events
- Familiarity with server-based media and/or non-linear editing equipment including but not limited to Final Cut Pro and Avid
- High level of familiarity with ESPN programming, platforms and studio shows
- Experience operating a teleprompter
- Historical knowledge of US sports
- Experience with editing, screening, logging and/or archiving video
- Familiarity with sports media landscape, including knowledge of business trends and technologies
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a professional role, organization or activity
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship. May 2017 graduates are eligible.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Program Dates: The length of this internship is 10 weeks, and the approximate dates are Sept 11 – Nov 18, 2017. Interns will work 40 hours per week and must be fully available throughout the internship.
Housing: This internship is located in Bristol, CT. A limited amount of housing assistance is available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
ESPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.