Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Production Operations Internship - ESPN - Fall 2017Apply Now Job ID 456221BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Job Posting Company ESPN Job Posting Area ESPN Date posted 05/19/2017
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That's because we're always finding new ways to interact with fans - however and wherever they connect with sports. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
ESPN Production Operations comprises Network Control, Content Edit, Studio Operations, Production Control Rooms, Facility Resources, Business Operations and Media Operations. Our work is produced and then converted for different distribution on mobile phones, iPad, Video on Demand, .com and other digital carriers.
A Day in the Life:
- Production Operations interns will have hands-on training on state of the art equipment and work in a live production environment to deliver on-air product to our fans
- Roles include but are not limited to: server based non-linear edit, Master Control or commercial and remote event coordination, media record and play out, and studio camera
- Daily shift reporting and participation at staff meetings
What You Bring to the Role:
- Basic understanding of all TV Production equipment and technology, which may include server based recording/playback devices and related software applications, master control switchers (for playout of commercials to air), and hard cameras for live studio shows
- Hands-on experience in Final Cut Pro, Avid, and Adobe Premiere or other edit systems
- Strong communication skills and work ethic, ability to work in a changing and challenging environment while remaining capable in high pressure situations
- Previous internship or campus experience in control room operations
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in operations
- Ability to read and write in Spanish
- Enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student in an accredited college/university in the semester prior to the internship
Company OverviewThe Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
Additional InformationInternship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship. May 2017 graduates are eligible.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
Housing: This position is based in Bristol, CT. A limited amount of housing assistance is available for those who qualify.
Transportation: Must provide own transportation to/from work.
ESPN is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.