Program Manager, Ad Sales BI
Bristol, CT - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 763910BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States; New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jul. 30, 2020
Job Summary:Technology Operations is centered around three core functions Business Relationship Management, Global Program Management and Business Operations to support the DTCI technology organization. This position is part of the Global Program Management team which manages the execution of DTCI Technology programs, including scope, delivery schedules and budgets in addition to identifying dependencies, managing risks and quantifying business impact. This role collaborates with product, engineering and business stakeholders to understand and rationalize strategic roadmaps while providing easy to understand, transparent reporting to leadership during delivery.
Within the Global Program Management organization, the Program Manager position will be responsible for the program management of key initiatives for Disney’s News, Editorial, and Sports businesses. This position requires proven experience in successful program management of large initiatives including prioritizing, scheduling, budgeting, and resourcing projects with multiple workstreams and cross-functional teams. Successful candidates must be highly proactive, detail-oriented, and able to autonomously work on complex implementations across matrixed teams both inside and outside the Direct-To-Consumer-International (DTCI) Technology department. They must be capable of clearly communicating schedules, risks, issues, and processes to a variety of business, creative, and technical audiences.
- Drive execution and delivery of multiple high-profile technical, product or software development projects from start to finish. Manage intra- and inter-team dependencies, highlight project blockers and risks and work with cross-functional teams to resolve them. Track and manage dependencies across multiple projects; leads escalation processes to make issues visible to stakeholders and leadership; drive resolution of dependency issues through the process. Partner with project teams to identify interdependencies, conflicts and risks associated with delivery. Identify and manage all project dependencies and critical path.
- Collaborate with Product Managers on project objectives, provide clear communications to teams and stakeholders on of milestones, deliverables, and success criteria. Develop trusted partnerships with stakeholders by collaborating and delivering on common goals. Ensure that projects and priorities support partner's strategic plans and each project is managed to ensure on-time implementation and flawless execution.
- Facilitate backlog grooming and story deconstruction.
- Develop delivery plans of complex projects and programs. Manage project schedules, identify possible issues and clearly communicate them to project stakeholders. Maintain a clear overview of project timelines (Agile/Kanban boards, Gantt charts, spreadsheets, etc.) and progress using project and task management tools (primarily in Jira and Confluence). Provide timely updates on the status of projects to a cross-functional audience in multiple formats.
- Leverage Agile and SDLC methodologies to lead teams on a daily basis to the successful delivery of software development projects in accordance with the DTCI delivery framework and established best practices. Ensure that the team is fully planned and productive. Remove impediments; track blockers and report slippages with workable mitigation plans. Manage daily scrums, sprint planning, sprint retrospectives and sprint demos.
- Create and maintain project documentation (primarily in Confluence) that is the single source of truth about a project to keep teams aligned and informed. Work with senior leadership, stakeholders, partners, and delivery teams to track and maintain a program-level view of initiatives.
- Help establish and evangelize governance practices that provide senior-level leadership oversight and control for the program.
- Identify project risks; analyzes and communicates prioritized mitigation plans to stakeholders. Ensure proper execution of risk, issue and communication management. Own overall project communications, escalate risks and manage the issue resolution process. Continuously monitor projects/programs status and impact on customer relations. Escalate projects risks and constraints to senior management team in a timely manner.
- Dissuade project teams from "reinventing the wheel" by being the knowledge center for best practices, processes, templates, lessons learned and historical project repository.
- Present program and technical information in face-to-face presentations to varied audiences, including executive management, engineering, operations, legal and marketing teams.
- Facilitate team retrospectives and apply lessons learned to support continuous improvement. Coach team members regarding unexpected variances, root causes, corrective actions/options and impacts. Collaborate with teams to refine existing methodologies and develop enhancements and changes that result in efficient, repeatable delivery. Implement standards, processes & practices, project status reporting and resource management methodologies that ensures projects are delivered against expectations, on schedule and on budget.
- Experience with and/or current working knowledge of typical consumer data business intelligence, advertising and marketing technology components (data platforms, data collection, BI tools, analytics), principles (MDM, data governance, acquisition, consumption), practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to define at scale, a structure for efficient delivery of complex projects
- Demonstrated ability in clearly articulating plans, concepts and activities to a broad/diverse audience
- Exceptional presentation skills with a great eye for detail and a demonstrated command of effective and concise language
- Collaborative work style with excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience applying project management knowledge to assess complex situations, recommend options and drive team members and stakeholders towards common solutions
- Demonstrated ability to drive initiatives forward to completion through collaboration and consensus across functional areas
- Solid orchestration and problem-solving skills with ability to focus both strategically and tactically to achieve project goals
- Must be capable of managing, tracking, and troubleshooting multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment with cross-functional teams, vendors, and partners
- Self-starter that can autonomously drive multiple work streams across multiple departments or segments of the company
- Ability to develop program schedules, communicate deadlines, and enforce budgets and project milestones
- Proficient in use of project management and documentation tools
- Able to analyze scheduling, budgetary, and resourcing data to develop contingency and risk mitigation plans
- Experience with Agile project management methodologies
- PMP / CSM / CSP Certification with thorough understanding of Scrum Agile Methodologies
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience in Business Intelligence, especially digital/linear ad sales and ad platforms, is a plus
- Experience in the media / advertising industry is a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of program management, with extensive knowledge of business intelligence, software application development, or related experience
- Mastery in Agile project management methods that may include Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- Expert knowledge and experience with the software development life cycle
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.