Program Manager, Talent Management and DevelopmentApply NowApply Later Job ID 794846BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted May 26, 2021
Our Human Resources Team
We only seek the best talent in the industry. From seasoned professionals to budding prospects, you can be assured that the people you work with are the best in the business. Our Human Resources department consists of ten areas of specialization. They include, Compensation, Diversity, Inclusion & Wellness, Employee Relations, HR Information Systems, HR Business Partners, Learning & Organizational Development, Talent Acquisition. As a collective group and as an individual department, we’re dedicated to creating a fulfilling and rewarding employee experience as our business grows. Through frequent communication, valuable training and development, and highly competitive compensation, we keep our employees at the top of their game.
An Integral Member of the Talent Management Learning & OD Team
As Program Manager, Talent Management and Development, this individual will be responsible for designing and managing aspects of talent management and learning and development, including the logistics, communications and marketing, and metrics for the work. In carrying out this role, the Program Manager must gain a keen understanding of the ESPN culture and the ability to design and implement programs and practices to meet the needs of target audiences. The Program Manager will report to the Sr. Director, Talent Management and Development.
Your Professional Record
The bar is set high at ESPN. We are interested in experienced professionals with experience in companies with highly regarded learning and organization development organizations. Excellence is essential in this position. You should be a self-starter who drives quality results and experiences. Strong project management skills and attention to detail are essential for this position. A track record of managing scalable programs within a company with 7000 plus employee is a core competency of the successful candidate. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with leaders at all levels is required. Your experience should include the ability to design, implement, and manage programs that are aligned to strategic and operational goals in these areas: talent and succession planning initiatives, performance management, career management and other essential programs that meet the needs of employees and the business. ESPN is a fast-paced, high-energy environment where teamwork and culture are valued. Strong organization skills and demonstrated ability to perform with absolute integrity within a similar environment is a must.
Responsibilities:Talent and Succession Planning
- Support design and implementation of succession planning and key talent review meetings and processes across the company; identify or create tools and processes for assessing and developing talent
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality regarding exposure to all information including conversations, data, insights, etc.
- Consult with HR Business Partners to execute talent succession and development planning
- Support broad integration of talent management and HR processes (e.g., integration of Culture Factors in the talent assessment process; IDP process into the People to Watch and Successor development plans, etc.)
- Help ensure Individual Development Plans are in place for all key talent and succession candidates to enhance their ability to achieve goals and capability to assume increased levels of responsibility.
- Liaison with HR Analytics team to execute reporting and measurement strategy
- Support the design and implementation of ESPN performance management strategy and calibration process
- Develop marketing, manager/employee toolkits
- Partner with learning team to design and facilitate learning programs to support performance process
- Support planning and delivery of the career management strategy, including individual development plans for all employees, career paths, and integration of competency-based models
- Manage the industry-specific learning programs (e.g., WICT, NAMIC, WISE)
- Manage coaching, mentoring and executive transition programs
- Identify and pilot internal/external targeted development programs
- Support design and delivery of innovative development programs to accelerate development of key talent and successor candidates; utilize contemporary communications methods and learning media, distance learning and on-line
- Manage budget and measurement strategy for program areas of responsibility
- A minimum of 5 years progressive experience in a program management or project management role, where the primary responsibilities included design and execution of programs with quality standards and budget responsibilities.
- A keen understanding of HR operations and talent management and learning and development initiatives is needed.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, analytical tools and social platforms.
- Must have the ability to travel up to 25%
- Experience developing and supporting talent management and career management programs (i.e., individual development plans, mentoring initiatives, career paths, leadership competency, and talent and succession planning programs)
- Able to meet with management on learning and development needs/solutions
- Able to operate independently and utilize strong decision making skills
- Strong communication, presentation/facilitation and relationship building skills
- Attention to detail
- Previous budget accountability
- Possess a professional presence and cultural awareness
- Proficient in company systems succession planning and learning management systems
- Experience leading others formally and informally
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN, Inc, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.