Programming Coordinator, College SportsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10031818 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Nov. 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Programming Coordinator supports the ESPN College Sports NCAA Championship/Olympic Programming team on the day-to-day scheduling and management of our college sports content; contributes to the acquisition and strategic scheduling of that content across all networks and platforms to maximize viewership and revenue; works collaboratively across all ESPN departments and with external rightsholders and partners to fulfill contracts and achieve established company/team priorities and goals.
- Assist on the strategic scheduling of all collegiate Olympic sports programming, NCAA Championships, and high school sports, including direct oversight of the construction and maintenance of certain specific program schedules.
- Work on day to day scheduling of ESPNU along with Senior Director and Associate Manager.
- Supports the Senior Director and Associate Manager in the acquisition of programming for ESPN networks and platforms working closely with conference partners and external rights holders.
- Works with conference partners and the NCAA to manage designated sport categories and championships throughout the year.
- Handles Content Scheduler work for assigned sports properties and networks.
- Works hand-in-hand with Marketing, Production, and Communications to forge and implement effective promotional and social media strategies.
- Provides strategic and analytical support to Programming Management regarding the on-air placement of current and future programming.
- Works as a member of the Programming Department at large to contribute to the overall scheduling strategy for the company across platforms.
- Create presentations and assist in prep work as assigned.
- Proactively contribute innovative ideas to continue to grow our business.
- Strong knowledge of both overall sports and specifically college sports
- Proficient computer skills, emphasis on Microsoft Office suite and current social media platforms
- General knowledge of the sports media industry
- Strong communication skills
- Must be highly organized, efficient, self-motivated, exhibit excellent time management skills and able to work on multiple tasks at the same time
- Work experience in the sports media industry, television programming and/or college athletics
- General familiarity with reading and comprehending legal contracts
- Knowledge of NCS/CS system a plus
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Communications, Business, Sports Management, or other related field
Embedded Organizational Summary: Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.