Project Social Media ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10028485 Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States / Town of Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Nov. 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
ESPN is seeking a Social Media Manager with experience at the intersection of technology, innovation, and social media. This is a project role (30 months) and the ideal candidate will be a self-starter with experience leading successful cross-platform projects from start to finish and a demonstrated history of managing wide-ranging partnerships. This role will work closely with ESPN Social, ESPN’s Sports Business Development & Innovation team, and the ESPN Edge Innovation Center.
As a leader in the sports social media landscape, ESPN Social strives to serve fans in new and innovative ways. We blend creativity, sports knowledge, journalistic instincts, and a spirit of innovation to ensure we’re producing industry-leading content experienced by millions of fans. Collaboration, effort, and fun are at the core of this team and every day is game day.
This is a Project role that has an estimated length of 30 months. May be open to alternate locations.
- Manages social content creation, planning and strategy for our new and next initiatives (e.g. Roblox, Discord, Twitch, etc.)
- Collaborates with internal and existing external partners (e.g. TikTok, Meta, Snap and Twitter) to help our team execute against new social opportunities
- Forecast and evaluates new social opportunities, ideating ways ESPN social can be effective in new spaces
- Drives business goals by coordinating and leading priority projects across various lines and teams in partnership with the Sports Business Development & Innovation team
- Analyze performance of social content, incorporate insights into future content decisions
- Develops, coaches, and guides teammates to achieve career development and progression
- Maintain commanding knowledge of the latest social media trends and best practices for optimization
- Sports happen on nights, weekends, and holidays and those shifts could be required in this position
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in a fast-paced social media environment with content creation responsibilities or minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience managing one or more people
- Ability to work quickly and juggle multiple tasks during a typical work day
- Highly skilled in interpreting and using data to inform decision making
- Effective communicator and partner to all relevant stakeholders in the business
- Skilled in social media comprehension and execution across Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Snapchat and Facebook
- Appreciation and understanding of popular culture that aligns with the tastes of ESPN’s social media audience
- Advanced knowledge of current sports, including teams, players, storylines, and forward-facing media personnel
- Passion for innovation and emerging media
- Familiarity of discovery of and working within new social platforms
- Proven track record of launching successful social media campaigns
- Understanding of emerging blockchain technology and Web3 initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of the latest social media and tech trends
- Experience articulating social strategy in meeting settings
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, communications, online/multimedia or related field
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc, which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.