Bristol, CT - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 737137BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Jan. 09, 2020
Job Summary:This individual will serve as a QA Engineer as part of the Production Software Engineering team. The individual that fills this role will be responsible for architecting, developing and maintaining automated test frameworks to facilitate the development of highly reliable and scalable applications that integrate, enhance and facilitate control of broadcast engineering systems to support ESPN’s on-air digital content workflows.
They will also participate in driving best practices for test automation, researching automation technologies, managing test environments, creating and executing test automation strategies and reporting solutions. This person has at least three years of experience in a structured software/testing environment with direct test automation experience. They must be a team player with strong communication skills and meet the minimum technical requirements identified below.
In order to maintain high quality while keeping pace with the ever-increasing development throughput, expanding our testing capacity and automation is critical to our ability to keep up with demands. This person will be responsible for testing critical services and working with management and software engineers to research and recommend tools, support/execute POCs, establish best-practices and implement automation solutions to reduce the manual testing efforts and reduce overall time-to-delivery while maintaining high-quality standards. Furthermore, this is a proactive request intended to better prepare our organization for an expected increase in demand to globalize our systems as we identify synergy opportunities with newly acquired/merged production and operational responsibilities around the globe. Our services manage the video pipeline including transmission scheduling and resource management, media ingest and archive, catalog and search and digital distribution.
- Research, design, and maintain automated testing frameworks for Angular applications and RESTful backend services.
- Participate in the design and implementation of procedures for identifying and processing appropriate applications, workflows, and test cases for automation.
- Participate in the design and implementation of reporting strategies for such metrics as test coverage and test executions.
- Participate in the design and implementation of solutions for test execution
- Works with others across the technical organization to leverage other expertise and tools throughout the organization.
- Trains the QA team with internal technical training as needed for automation solutions.
- Utilize offshore resources when necessary.
- Be involved in all phases of the software development lifecycle from requirement gathering to post-production support.
- Minimum of three years of experience in a structured software/testing environment with direct test automation experience
- Advanced knowledge in using various software testing tools and methodologies with particular experience in UI automation with TestNG & Selenium
- Working knowledge of Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience with testing web applications developed in front-end technologies such as Angular and Ext JS.
- Experience with testing systems developed with enterprise integration technologies such as JMS and RESTful Services.
- Hands-on experience with at least one modern programming language: Java preferred
- Has good knowledge of trends, technology advances, new products, and best practices relevant to QA methodologies & test tools
- Understands complex systems and complex requirements and formulates optimal test strategies to meet current and future needs.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle process and the role of QA within the SDLC.
- Ability to present to team members and some levels of management
- Good communications skills both written and oral.
- Fast learner and ability and interest to master different technologies.
- Individual has the ability to influence positive change/results in all areas of software testing.
- Five years of experience in a structured software/testing environment with direct test automation experience
- Proficient in Selenium UI automation for Angular applications using solutions such as Protractor, Webdriver.io, Cucumber.
- Experience in implementing Behavior-Driven Development (BDD)
- Experience with CICD, pipelines: Jenkins
- Proficient in RESTful service testing and automation using testing tools such as SOAtest or Postman
- Experience using JMeter and Blazemeter for performance testing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Management, Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Math
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.