Already applied?View Dashboard
Radio Producer IIApply Now Apply Later Job ID 554094BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Media Networks Brand ESPN Date posted Jun. 12, 2018
Job Summary:The Radio Producer II will be responsible for development and production of studio content. He/she works daily with the Sr. Director/Program Director, staff and talent for ESPN Radio, internal colleagues, as well as various business partners. He/she will be involved in both short-range and long-range content strategy and planning of the show content. The Radio Producer II communicates daily expectations and delivers feedback to talent and staff. He/she will oversee and manage direct reports Responsibilities will include related operational tasks and assignments. It is anticipated that this position will be assigned to ESPN Radio’s morning show, Golic and Wingo, airing on ESPN Radio and ESPN television.
- Develops, enhances, and advances specific story ideas and concepts both in daily productions and for long term planning. Understands and executes ESPN Network content priorities in planning show rundowns and integrating with other ESPN platforms; regularly leads programming.
- Demonstrates strong understanding of programming principals designed to drive ratings/usage performances across multiple ESPN platforms including digital properties and social media.
- Supervises the compiling and editing of materials necessary for production on both radio and television. Works in collaboration with colleagues on the Network in the development of compelling cross-promotional content. Ensures that the production adheres to format and procedural guidelines; supervises and tracks all in-program billboards and promotional announcements.
- Must have a strong understanding of how to operate related audio hardware, software, and facilities.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of relevant sports stories and newsmakers; books relevant guests for program appearances accordingly.
- Will assist in the recruitment and development of studio talent.
- Will work with sales and marketing teams to insure placement of commercials and any relevant on-air promotional announcements. Will also contribute ideas for sales opportunities.
- Provides creative and editorial guidelines to on-air commentators in order to enrich quality of programming.-Coordinates with marketing team, around key events, from planning to execution.
- Must be very flexible with work schedule, including working very early (4AM) morning hours.
- Must have strong skills in the area of social media/listener engagement. Producer will develop overall social media strategy for the show.
- Participate in meetings/directives from ESPN Audio Content Leadership as needed.
- Understand the needs and audience of morning radio.
- Minimum six years of experience in sports network or local sports radio production.
- Experience with morning radio production is preferred.
- Local sports radio experience preferred.
- High School Diploma
- Undergraduate degree in communications preferred.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.