Recurring-X Games Content CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 728964BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Dec. 06, 2019
This is a Recurring/Seasonal position and is not full time. This person will work 1500 hours annually, the schedule is based on the X Games event calendar.
Responsibilities:Year Round Responsibilities
- Support year-round content strategy for X Games digital/social content, maximizing engagement and growth on each platform.
- Collaborate with X Games production to create a weekly content timeline to be published across all X Games platforms.
- Focus on developing new opportunities/platforms to reach X Games fans in the social space.
- Develop influencer strategy - work closely with athletes/influencers to develop stories, share content and engage them in X Games content to promote events and various content initiatives.
- Regional social lead to work with our counterparts in each international event market. Coordinate regional strategy and develop coordinated plan for the global X Games handles.
- Support all social live streaming – become subject matter expert and facilitate streaming needs around live events.
- Analytics – develop plan for recapping event metrics and work to identify trends and future opportunities on each platform.
- Customer Service – work closely with the marketing team to make sure 100% of fan inquiries are addressed across social platforms. Develop a plan to educate fans on how to watch live shows around the world.
- Manage the creative look of each social platform.
- Work closely with other ESPN and endemic social outlets to pitch content and collaborate in the space.
- Understand the paid social tools and help develop strategy to marketing X Games events.
- Collaborate with Consumer and Event Marketing to incorporate marketing initiatives into digital content and align content with overall X Games marketing and brand initiatives.
- Conduct research to identify content for programming or acquisition by ESPN for inclusion in the World of X programming across multiple platforms.
- Collaborate with the X Games Sales and Event Development groups to create sponsorable opportunities through digital & social media and integrate activations across all ESPN channels.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in digital media, social media, content creation and content distribution
- Strong knowledge of the action sports industry, youth marketing, athletes, social media and tech trends
- Position requires organizational skills, attention to detail, ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects and work independently
- Ability to work with various levels of the organization, collaborate cross-functionally, and contribute to a high performing team
- Strong written and oral skills
- Basic video and photo editing skills
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in digital/social media content creation
- Strong understanding of social media landscape
- Strong understanding of action sports content landscape, monitoring notable trends and competitive issues including technology and platform trends for digital/social media distribution
- Bachelor's Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.