Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Accounting Analyst - Digital Ad SalesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 694576BR Location Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 07, 2019
- Prepare monthly billing for Disney’s Digital Media products. Coordinate the issuance of invoices through EDI, Email or Regular Mailing
- Regularly review and process adjustments submitted by Sales. Ensure that proper approvals are evident and credit/debit memos are issue timely. Verify that all adjustments are posted to the General Ledger. Record Journal Entries when necessary
- Prepare accrual/deferral entries to reconcile timing difference between the billing calendar and Disney fiscal month calendar
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable and Income from the networks assigned. Report income to Disney Finance and explain any variances. Also responsible for additional reconciliations as assigned by the Manager.
- Reconcile Intercompany transactions and clear reconciling items monthly
- Identify billing system enhancements, which includes documentation of the issue, working with Digital Ad Sales Operations to discuss project completion dates, testing all requests and moving to Production once approved by the Manager
- Work closely with Digital Ad Sales Operations and Credit & Collection teams to ensure accurate reporting and resolution of billing issues
- Must have full understanding of the Sarbanes Walk-through and Key Controls for Digital Media Ad Sales COE.
- Assist other team members and work on special projects as directed by the Manager or Senior Manager of Financial Accounting
- Advanced Excel Skills
- Advanced Analytical Skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment
- 2-3 Years Accounting Experience. Billing and AR Preferred
- SAP Knowledge a plus
- Ability to work on multiply billing systems
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work professionally with all levels of personnel
- Forward thinking / demonstrating a proactive mindset for system and process enhancements
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.